Fillet Mignon...
Eric's boss gives us a big chunk of meat for Christmas...for the first 5 years Eric just cut it up and grilled it like steak. It was ok...but a couple of years ago I decided to cook it and I googled Fillet Mignon to see how to cook it. I discovered we were doing it ALL wrong. We were even cutting it wrong. And it was the easiest thing to do...
There are many how to YouTube videos on how to trim them correctly. You actually cut off a lot of the chunk...some fat, some skin like stuff and then some meat...which you can save and make yummy stew with.
So if you ever buy Fillet Mignon in the big chunk like this...google it and learn how to cut it right...it makes such a huge difference. And you don't grill it. You cook it in the oven and for only a few minutes..it is so tender, yummy and so good!

No comments:
Post a Comment