The Redford Family

Our crazy, loud, busy, noisy, happy family!

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Eric's Birthday!

Eric's Birthday Celebration was small but fun. His birthday was on a Friday, which is our cleaning night at his work.  I asked him if he wanted to change the day for cleaning, but he didn't want to waste his Saturday up at work. So he said to keep it to Friday.  I didn't clean since I am on maternity leave. (Love it)  So I planned to surprise Eric up at work.  His first surprise was during the day, I had Rich take up some balloons, cards and Eric's birthday present, A digital photo frame with photos on it.  Eric liked that surprise as he walked into his office.  Then that night we surprised him and came up for dinner and cake.  The weather was hot, so the kids wanted to swim in the "pool" (pond).  It was a bit dirty, but it didn't stop them.  Kids will be kids.

This is how the little celebration went...

Ryder slept (3 weeks old)
Kids swam
Thanks to pinterest, Eric had the yummiest cake ever!  Eclair Cake...it was sooo good!
Cooper loved helping daddy blow out the candles.
Yeah for Birthdays!
Cooper even helped daddy eat his piece of cake.  
Cooper couldn't resist the lovely green pond either.

Cooper had to help daddy put his socks back on. Cooper loves socks and shoes!  (Because that means he gets to go outside!)
My Mom spent HOURS and HOURS making this latch hook for Eric for his birthday.  It's crazy how much it looks like Sway.  Eric liked it a lot. It was very thoughtful of my mom. I love thoughtful gifts.
I think Eric had a good birthday.  Full of little surprises.  We couldn't go or do much with a newborn but we made the best of it and enjoyed celebrating his 34th birthday! Happy Birthday Love! 

No comments: