The Redford Family

Our crazy, loud, busy, noisy, happy family!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Round 2 for Cooper...another ER visit.

So this is EXACTLY what I was afraid of when they said they were only going to glue it in January.  Now it is May and he hit the door jam in nursery and bam it is open again.  Normally if he had just hit the door jam he wouldn't have opened his head. The glue didn't really heal it long term.  So off to the ER Eric went again...we got a ride home from church.  A few guys from the church went to the hospital and gave him a blessing which I was happy about with Eric.  This time the doctor Stitched it right up. Yeah!  Cooper did awesome.  I thought for sure they would have to put him out..nope he was a champ and didn't cry much at all.  He was a tough boy.  
 Poor Cooper...looks like a Halloween Costume. It was bleeding pretty good.
 Strong boy...all done!
 Yeah it is healing!
And I am praying he never opens it ever again!!!!

I was wondering why in the world this stuff always happens on the weekends or after hours.  Drives me crazy...then I called a few doctors and done of them do stitches in the office anymore. They send you to the ER...they said it isn't worth the mess in the office.  Bummer...instacare next time for sure.

And we were were off to Utah that week for Family Pictures and Bryce's wedding...great timing to have stitches in your forehead.

*So remember back in January how I was so mad our bill was $2800 for GLUE. Well this time we went to St. Helena Clearlake, NOT St Helena in Napa Valley. They are sister hospitals.  So I got the bill for stitches and it was $1200 total.  WHAT? How can there by $1600 difference for a better service, longer service, sister hospitals. This is when I started my long fight to get my other bill reduced, which I later added to the January post. So like I said, I will never go back to any doctor in Napa County, I am sorry but they are not worth that much more to me! Clearlake's hospital isn't our first choice either, but they did a great job with Cooper. So I was happy.  And they were sooo much cheaper! 

No comments: