The Redford Family

Our crazy, loud, busy, noisy, happy family!

Friday, January 27, 2012

A very WET Wedding!

I was asked to take some wedding photographs for someone who was visiting.  It was very short notice and I was nervous, since I never had done a wedding before. But they were desperate so I said I would do it.  I asked them what their plan was for rain...since the forecast said RAIN all day!  They said they wanted to get married on the beach and that was the plan.  So we went...we drove to the coast.  At first it was only raining a little bit...but as the drive went by...the rain got worse and worse.  We finally made it to the coast and it was pouring rain and windy.  Holy Cow...REALLY!  I wouldn't get married in the rain...no way! This bride was soooo understanding!  We stopped and took pictures in a few spots.  We got out of the car, took a few and ran back to the car before we got too wet.  I was really worried about my camera, we kept an umbrella over it, but with rain coming sideways, it didn't help. My camera got WET!  (So far no damage).  We took some pictures and then it was time for the ceremony.  They wanted to get married by the water, but the waves were coming in like crazy. I mean HUGE waves.  Dangerous waves!

The ceremony was short and sweet!  The bishop performing the ceremony had to talk fast.  When he finally pronounced them "Husband and Wife", the SMILES on their face's said everything.  It was so fun to see.  They were so HAPPY to be married, even in the crazy weather!  

Just look at the picture below and you can see how bad the weather was!  It was crazy!  All I could do was LAUGH when it was done! It was CRAZY and it will be a day they will NEVER forget!  And I won't either!  

They took us to dinner and we enjoyed talking and getting to know the couple. They were very sweet and spiritual.  They had strong values (not lds) and wanted to do the right thing by getting married (since they were living together).  They were very appreciative and knew that most photographers would have said NO WAY and canceled...which I thought of!

It was a crazy day, but it turned out to be a beautiful memory for the couple.  

I had fun playing in photoshop with this photo!
 A little wet????

No comments: