The Redford Family

Our crazy, loud, busy, noisy, happy family!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ryder @ 6 months old

My baby is growing up so fast!
He weighed 16 lbs at his visit on Dec 5th. (6.5 months)
He was 26" Tall
And his head was 17"

A little bit about Ryder...
*He loves the bath...once you walk in there and start to take off his clothes, his legs just go crazy...kicks, kicks. He loves it!
*He loves to watch Cooper.  He is also aware of Cooper, so he doesn't get hurt.
*He has been moved to his crib (which is in the living room, since it is warmer and I am not ready for the two boys to wake each other up yet.)
*He started to officially crawl on Thanksgiving Morning.  He figured out his arms and he was off. Now he is so fast and you don't know where he goes.
*He loves his bouncer...that things saves me.
*Loves loves to be held! He won't go to sleep on his own, he wants to be held.  I know it is a bad habit to start but he is my last one and growing up so fast. I love to hold him!
*He gives me kisses and I love them!
*He knows if he cries, he will be picked up, so he will be crying so hard and once you pick him up, he stopped instantly...hmmm...how come I can't stop crying that fast when I am upset? Is he playing us???
*Before he learned to crawl, he would leap to move around.  It was cute.
*He officially can now turn from his back to his front.  He was crawling before he could do this. He would flip onto his back and then lay there because he couldn't figure out how to get over his shoulder.  He now has it done!
*His first bottom tooth came in on Dec 1st.  He was a little fussy but not too bad and no fever. Thank goodness! Just extra cuddles.
*When he is excited he kicks his legs.  He does it a lot if I come home and someone else is holding him. He loves me!  He gets excited if he sees a bottle or a bath.  He has some crazy fast exciting legs!
*He can stand himself up! Yep that is right...he is standing in his crib, at the gate, pulls himself up on toys.  He is almost going up our stairs.  Crazy child! He will be walking before I know it!
Mommy finally started to give me real food!  Yippee...I love it!  

At first he had a hard time figuring out how to swallow it.  I would put it in his mouth and then he would immediately use his tongue and push it out.  It only took a few days and he figured it out!
We started off with sweet potatoes, bananas, squash, peaches, pears.  I tried avocado but he hated it!!!!  I have learned that he will eat it if it is mixed with sweet potatoes or squash though.  Mommy loves to sneak in the healthy stuff.  He also loves the banana puffs.  He is really good at picking them up with his little fingers.



 See..not a fan of avocados.


No comments: